How it works
- Hire is done on a first come first serve basis (no booking available)
- We want you to spend as much time on the water as possible. Therefore no matter what time you hire from you are able to keep it all day and return at 5 pm
- It is worth giving us a call on 01243 672315 before coming down to hire to check conditions are suitable.
- We need someone over 18 to fill in a health and safety form and to leave a deposit for the hire equipment. The deposit can both be drivers license AND a bank card which match. These will be put into our till until the equipment is returned. Or we can take cash/ card deposits for each item of equipment.
- Hire deposits will be returned when equipment is brought back and checked over by a member of staff (any damage to hire equipment will occur a fee).
|Hire Prices||Before 1pm||After 1pm||Week|
Keep any of the Equipment overnight for a charge of £10 per item with return to the store by 9:30am the following day
What you Need to Know
We have a great selection of beginner soft boards available for kids and adults which are great for your first go or to progress on as are super soft and safe. If you are already standing up and feel confident we also have a selection of Tahe solid hard boards in varying lengths which are great for progressing on.
We have a huge range of warm winter wetsuits from O'Neill ready to use in all sizes in Mens, Ladies and Kids. All designed to make sure you enjoy your time in the water as long as possible. With a wide range of options, we're sure we'll have something that will fit.
Safety & Conditions
Given the nature of the beach here at Wittering its not always suitable for us to hire to beginners or intermediates. It can be the perfect spot to learn and progress but when its pushing onto the shingle at high tide or if its too windy its not really suitable. We reserve the right to refuse hire for any reason so do give us a call in the shop before hand to make sure the conditions are suitable and the tide times work.
To learn more about how the waves work in Wittering and the local area please click the link below for our guide to forecasting and conditions.Surf Check Guide to Surfing at Wittering